Monday, March 21, 2016

A New Adventure

It has been a few years since my last post on the blog. Since graduating medical school, I matched into residency at the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY in Ob/Gyn. I have been a busy worker bee working 80ish hours a week with 4 weeks of vacation a year. I spend my vacations traveling, mostly to Germany to spend time with my fiance Michael. I have finally reached my third (of 4 total) year of residency and have an awesome 4-week rotation called "elective." My journey to create my elective experience was arduous and frustrating, but finally worked out. I am working with a group called Project HOPE (all opinions are my own and not those of the organization) and on my way to Prishtina, Kosovo to teach and mentor in the Ob/Gyn department at the University Hospital. I am not really sure what my day to day will look like, but I am ready for a new adventure!

I tried to prepare by doing some reading about Kosovo's history and learning a little Albanian. I can say good day (mirë dita), my name is (unë quhem), and goodbye (mirupafshim). I'm not as prepared as I would like to be, but I will learn as I go. I worked up until the day I left and ready to have a change in scenery. I have a long travel ahead - ROC --> JFK --> IST --> PRN and will arrive Tuesday morning at 0830. See you in Kosovo!

http://www.projecthope.org/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment